This recipe packs in a punch for your liver health and brain function and is a great wake-up juice for the morning. So get blending and in the process, give your liver a loving hug!
- Omega 3 fatty acids in Chia seeds and Walnuts are associated with improved mental function as they are essential components of brain and nerve cells and the fat in the seeds and nuts is also needed for absorption of nutrients such as Beta-carotene in the leaves
- Brewer’s yeast is packed with B vitamins that are needed not just for energy but for forming important neurotransmitters like Acetylcholine and Norepinephrine in the body
- Protein in the whey powder, vital not just for repairing and maintaining muscles, but also for immune health. Its also needed for forming neurotransmitters and ensuring brain health!
- Anti-oxidant protection from the vitamin C, flavonoids and carotenes in the fruit and green leaves not only help protect the liver and replenish needed nutrients for detoxification, the anti-oxidants are needed for protecting the brain too. Note that the more bitter tasting the green leaf is, the better it is for the liver – which makes Dandelion leaves our liver loving leaf!
- Chlorophyll in the leaves soothe and help heal the Gastro Intestinal tract and nutrients in the Cinnamon, Dill seeds and Ginger all give the digestion a huggy hand in absorbing all the nutritional goodies from the greens!
- Fiber in the Chia seeds, the leaves and the fruit helps both your digestion, blood sugar stability and your detoxification – and it makes you feel satisfyingly full!
- Ginkgo Biloba provides a boost to brain metabolism and energy synthesis, as well as providing anti-oxidant protection and helping to promote the flow of blood in the brain
- Milk Thistle seed, Dill seed and Turmeric helps the liver with detoxification and Glutathione boosting Walnuts round off what the liver needs to make a great day!
- Bromelain in the Pineapple and Pepperine in the Black pepper helps with Turmeric absorption
- 1/2 cup of fresh Pineapple chunks
- 1 large handful of green leaves (such as Dandelion, Kale, Swiss Chard, Spinach)
- 1 Banana
- 5 walnuts
- 2 scoops of whey protein powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or chopped
- 1.5 tsp Chia seed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Dill seeds
- 1 cm chunk of fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Brewer’s / Nutritional yeast
- 1 Milk Thistle seed capsule
- 1 Gingko Biloba capsule
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pop everything in a blender with and blend until everything is totally broken down adding a little water to help get the blending going
- When you drink, drink slowly and try to chew – to make sure you get your saliva to start that all important work of breaking down the food for your benefit.