Eat to Thrive, not just survive! And empower yourself and others to a new relationship with nutrients, food, your body and your life!
Cooking is a passion of mine! Its how I unwind, get into a flow state and nurture my health with healthful eats and gourmet treats! I want to inspire you to cook too and find what I have found … and more!
Happy cooking and huggy health from the not-so-naked chef Hugo!
Why I got into cooking was to empower myself – as a child I didn’t get the foods I liked so i took matters into my own hands and taught myself how to cook. Then, I began realising that we are what we eat – so what better way to reach my health potential than to cook the healthiest foods for myself!
I have also experimented with and mastered a range of cooking techniques, nutritional technologies such as soaking, sprouting, fermenting, detoxing, juicing and healing with herbs and botanicals. In effect, i’ve become a master of sorts of cooking, and I am always learning. To this day I continue to hone and improve my understanding of nutritional loading and kinathletic potential whilst I train for and participate in endurance road cycling events. And below are some tips I’ve discovered and continue to practice each day. In fact in many ways, cooking is a healing ritual
- Learn some basic recipes
- Learn some basic information about nutritional health
- Build from there! Be Creative, Experimental … and have fun!
Be Natural and appreciative
- Discover what really suits your tastes and nutritional needs:
- What nutrients are in the food you eat?
- What are you using your food for?
- How does the food that you eat make you feel?
- Develop a loving relationship with food: appreciate the life in your food and the work done by farmers who work with the forces of nature to produce it. In addition, respect all that is given in your food to nourish your body and life
- Help your body be naturally vibrant with detoxifying green leaves, phyto-nutrient rich juices and healthy cooking methods (that avoid overcooking your oil!)
- Discover what raw, natural, wholegrain, fresh, organic and sustainably farmed ingredients can do for you … and what you can do with them!
Be present and unwind the mind:
- Cooking can be a mindful form of meditation
- Cooking can be useful for mentally focused zone training
- Cooking can be useful for mind-body flow training
- Chemical pollutants in food production and packaging by buying organic
- Nutrient depleted processed foods by using wholegrain, fresh ingredients
- Unhealthy fats, sugars, food additives and flavorings
- Potentially hazardous cooking materials such as Teflon and Aluminium that may be used in restaurant and industrial food production
- Not knowing what you are made of: the food that you eat! (and the food that you don’t)
A quick request …
This post and this blog is dedicated to my fundraising to support Alzheimer’s Society. Please click on the link below to find out more and to make a donation today!